Maryview School opened in 1957. At that time it was a four-room school with Grades 1-6. Since its first year, the school has gone through several renovations and is now home to children from Pre-Kindergarten to Grade 5.
Although the school was officially opened in May of 1958, classes had been in session from December 17, 1957, with a total enrollment of 40 boys and girls. In the following years, Maryview School saw the number of students increase - soon classes overflowed into the gymnasium, St. Martin de Porres School, and St. Thomas Aquinas Middle School. As well, programs also changed, with the addition of Pre-Kindergarten classes and the Division Strategies program, and the movement of our Grade 6 students to middle school.
This year, Maryview School has a total student population of 266 students and 31 staff. But throughout history, Maryview School has always had one constant - the dedication of a great staff and the support of a strong parent community.
The name Maryview was selected because the school patron saint is Mary, the mother of God, and Maryview seemed an appropriate name to incorporate the theme of Mary while fitting in with the local community named areas of Mountview, Eastview, Clearview, and Grandview.